Spike interaction with your online onboarding experiences.
A great onboarding makes your employees happier, more engaged and more productive.
Onboarding is key. There are literally thousands of studies which prove that a good onboarding process will make employees happier, more engaged, more productive, earlier productive and stay longer. That is why companies spend a lot of money on onboarding weeks, buddy systems, mentors, onboarding tools and so on.
The onboarding week or day for that matter can be a challenge when you are condemned to do it online. Whether you are the investors company, like for instance Visma, when you are dealing with operating schedules and a too small head office like our client to whom we are now offering or you are truly remote, hiring staff all over the world, there are multiple reasons why a company is not able to organize a f2f onboarding event for all employees.
We are here to help you turn your boring online onboarding event into a party, which your staff will talk about. We mostly see that online onboarding events consist of a row of talking heads. Listening to the CEO, CHRO, CTO, COO, C.. on one morning or even spread throughout a week is boring and one way communication without any interaction or creativity asked from your new employees.
How does it work?
The Locus Quest creative team will work closely with you to develop a customised onboarding package that gives your newcomers a meaningful introduction to your company. Whether this is a quick energiser event or a full day onboarding schedule with talking heads, the possibilities are endless. A Locus Quest onboarding solution could include:
- A customised online onboarding game incorporating your company’s branding and values
- A customised digital escape room with a storyline specific to your company
- A customised energizer game with puzzles created especially for your company
- Day hosts
- Lunch and borrel packages
We can make your online onboarding event fun, educational, interactive and social. To get an idea of what we can do for you, please see our case studies below.
CASE STUDY: VISMA
How can you help us make our online onboarding more interactive and fun?
A typical Visma onboarding schedule consists of a morning of five talking heads: twenty minutes each with a break in between. The Visma leadership team realise the huge importance of giving a warm, personal welcome to their newcomers and to provide an opportunity for them to connect with one another.
The challenge put to Locus Quest by Visma Netherlands was this: how can we make our online onboarding more interactive and fun?
We love this type of challenge! Our creative team put their heads together and built a beautiful, customised onboarding game that ticks all of the boxes that Visma asked us to tick, such as:
- Facilitating introductions so employees meet new people: We designed the game to be played in breakout rooms of six people, with a guided introduction so everyone can meet their new colleagues
- Giving employees a glimpse into the Visma intranet: We sent the players to Visma Space to find some answers
- Introduce the newcomers to the Visma values: We gamified the Visma company values, so players can be introduced to them in a new way.
- Want to learn more about what Visma do? We gamified that too! With a tongue-in-cheek approach that allows players to laugh and have fun.
A beautiful, customised game that Visma can use each month for their newcomers
CASE STUDY: SECURITAS (on offer)
How can we provide an exciting and fun introduction to our newcomers during their onboarding?
Every month Securitas onboards their new recruits with an online onboarding session, made up of talking heads. The challenge put to Locus Quest by Securitas was this: how can we make the onboarding experience reflect the excitement of the job?
We loved getting creative with this one! We have offered a full day schedule that included:
- A customised onboarding game built to introduce Securitas newcomers with the Securitas values and culture in a fun and engaging way
- An exciting online escape room created especially for Securitas. A quest-style, live action game with a storyline based around two Securitas security guards. Created with a professional film crew and scriptwriters.
- Coaching two Securitas guards to tell their most exciting story from a day on the job
- Borrel and lunch packages
A full day onboarding schedule that ticks all the boxes: orientating newcomers, making them excited for their new roles, connecting them with the company values and with their fellow recruits.